- Edu-Care has an open-door policy. Parents of students or prospective students are welcome to visit and observe the classes at any time. No appointment is necessary.
- A questionnaire is required upon registration. This allows the teachers to become familiar with your child’s routine and temperament from the start of his/her stay at Edu-Care.
- In the beginning of the school year, parents are given an outline of the whole school year’s curriculum for the specific age group.
- Monthly calendar of lesson plans is sent home.
- Weekly, detailed curriculum is posted on the bulletin board outside each classroom on Monday for the coming week.
- Parents are kept informed about activities, student progress and special events through the newsletter, parent-teacher conferences, development reports, progress reports, open house, hand-out sheets, bulletin board notices, informal discussions with your child’s teacher at arrival or departure times, or by telephone and teacher’s individual notes.
Daily and Weekly Reports
Parents of children ages 6 weeks to early 4 years of age receive a daily report from the teacher. These reports include details about your child’s day. Our older preschoolers receive a weekly report.
Conferences and Progress Reports
Progress reports are issued twice each year. The first progress report is given out at a parent-teacher conference held in January. This is a mandatory conference. The second progress report is given at the end of the school year. An optional conference can be held at this time as well.
Letter from Director
Frequent letters are sent home from the director to keep parents informed.
Access to the Office
During all the operating hours from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at least one of the office members (director or assistant director) are available to you.
Two open houses are held annually. In the fall, there is an open house for parents of current students to introduce the curriculum, program, and learning materials. Our second open house is held in early spring for current parents who are interested in viewing their child’s next classroom. This open house is also open to the public to recruit new enrollment.
Newsletters are issued regularly to let parents know about current events at school, classroom news, as well as to highlight special activities and programs.
Website News Page
Announcements, reminders and special activities, etc. are posted regularly on the News page.